Exactly what is it?
- Sclerosing agent Asklerol Injection polidocanol is used for varicose vein therapy. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you really have concerns about how this drug may help you.
- With Asclera, you may treat spider and reticular veins that are less than 1mm in diameter, as well as those that are between 1 and 3 mm in diameter. Varicose veins larger than 3 mm thick have not been examined for a sclera.
Dose and administrative procedure:
- Only intravenous usage is permitted. Pre-administration visual inspection of parenteral medication products for particle matter and discoloration is recommended whenever the solution and container allow. Particulate debris, discoloration of the vial, or damage to the vial should not be used.
- These side effects have been documented in the worldwide usage of polidocanol. In the absence of a treatment group, it is impossible to objectively assess the frequency of these responses or to demonstrate a causal association between drug exposure and their occurrence.
- Disorders of the immune system: anaphylaxis, angioedema, generalized urticaria, and asthma.
- Confusional conditions and dizziness are symptoms of nervous system illnesses such as a cerebrovascular accident or migraine.
- Cardiac arrest, palpitations, and irregular heartbeats are all examples of cardiac conditions.
- Angina pectoris, coronary heart disease, and pulmonary embolism are all examples of vascular disease.
- There are several conditions that affect the airways, including dyspnea.
- Subcutaneous tissue disorders: darkening of the skin and allergic dermatitis (dermatitis) (in the area of sclerotherapy)
- Necrosis of the injection site, pyrexia, and a hot flush are all examples of more general illnesses and ailments.
- Injuries, poisoning, and procedure complications: Nerve damage.
- The usage of polidocanol has been linked to anaphylactic responses, some of which have been deadly. Severe responses are more common when the amount used is more than three milliliters. Reduce the polidocanol dosage if possible Prepare yourself for anaphylaxis.
- In order to minimize the risk of tissue necrosis after extravasation, utilize the minimum effective volume for each intravenous needle injection.
- Make sure the patient walks for 15-20 minutes after the infusion session is over before applying constriction with hosiery or a bandage. During this time, keep a close eye on the patient and provide treatment for any allergic or anaphylactic response that occurs.
Embolism Of The Pulmonary Veins And Blood Thrombosis
- It is possible that Asclera will lead to an embolism or other kind of blood clot in the veins. Monitor for symptoms of venous thrombosis following therapy, and adhere to the dosage directions.
- This includes patients with a history of DVT or PE or recent (within the last three months) surgery, lengthy hospitalization, or pregnancy. The risk of thrombosis is higher for these patients.
Embolism of the Arterial System
- Polidocanol has been linked to hemorrhage, ischaemic heart disease, myocardial infarction, and decreased heart function. Air embolism or thromboembolism may be to blame for the occurrence of these events when the product is misted with room air that has a high nitrogen content.
- The safety and effectiveness of polidocanol curdled with conditioned space have not been proved, and it should be avoided.
Ischemia and necrosis of tissue
- Toxic effects of polidocanol may result from intra-arterial injections or extravasations of the drug. Use the least amount possible at each injection location to ensure proper needle placement.
- Compression with a stocking or bandage should be used once the injection session is done, and patients should walk for 15-20 minutes. Please seek emergency medical attention if you experience intra-arterial administration of Polidocanol.
Contraindications and Overdose
- There is a greater risk of necrosis and other localized responses when taking too much medication.
How does this drug interact with other medications?
- Interactions are not anticipated. The interactions may not be comprehensive. If you’re taking any medication or supplement, be sure to tell your doctor about it.
- Tell them whether you smoke, consume alcohol, or use illicit substances. Medications may interact with certain foods and beverages.
- Asklerol Injection may be purchased through Safegenericpharmacy.net Using a credit card and a PayPal account, you may purchase online.
- Allergy to polidocanol and acute thromboembolic illness are contraindicated for Asclera use.
Do I have to take this medication?
- You will need to inject this drug into a vein. It is administered by a doctor or nurse at a hospital or clinic. Discuss the usage of this medication with your pediatrician. Special attention may be required.
- If you believe you have taken too much of this medication, get immediate medical attention at a poison control center or hospital emergency room.
- IMPORTANT: This drug is just for your use. Avoid giving this medication to anybody else.
Forms and Strengths of Dosage
- 5% Asclera intravenous injection (2mL ampule)
- 1% of the total (2mL ampule)
Varithena, an injectable foam, has 1.3 mg/mL. (delivers 1 percent polidocanol solution)
- Inflammation of the Venous System
- Lower extremity varicose veins less than 1 mm in diameter and reticular veins between 1 and 3 mm in diameter may be treated with Asclera; however, it has not been researched on varicose veins more than 3 millimeters in diameter.
- There is a direct correlation between the size and number of varicose veins as well as the solution strength and injection volume.
- Varicose veins less than one millimeter in diameter, sometimes known as spider veins: Use a solution with a concentration of 0.5 percent.
- Use a 1% solution for reticular veins (varicose veins 1-3 mm in diameter).
- For each varicose vein, provide 0.1-0.3 mL IV; the total therapy dosage should not exceed 10 mL.
- As a means of reversing the signs and symptoms of incompetent saphenous veins, as well as apparent varicosities in the great saphenous vein system above and below the knee, this medication is approved for the treatment of these conditions.
- Use no more than 15 mL in a single session, and no more than 5 mL per IV injection. In certain cases, more than 15 mL of Varithena may be required for a second treatment, so space out your treatments by at least five days if you think you’ll need it.
Two major forms of polidocanol injection are?
Asclera should be given as,
- One patient at a time, one ampule at a time.
- Stable for up to three years, per unopened ampule
- Keep at a temperature of 15-30°C (59-86°F) or below
Varithena should be given as:
- Don’t jiggle the canisters. You may keep the banister or comfort box at temperatures ranging from 68 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit (20-25 degrees Celsius).
- Not to be frozen or refrigerated
- Canisters that have not been used or triggered may be kept either flat or upright.