Buy Cytogard 20mg (Trimetazidine) Online
UsesTrimetazidine is used for symptomatic treatment of stable angina (chest pain) as an additional therapy to other frontline medicines.
How it worksTrimetazidine belongs to a metabolic modulators class of medicines also known as pFOX inhibitors (partial fatty-acid-oxidation inhibitor). In myocardium (muscles of the heart), trimetazidine partially inhibits the metabolic process (?-oxidation) of fatty acid that requires more oxygen consumption) by blocking a specific enzyme (long-chain 3-ketoacyl-CoA thiolase) and thereby triggering glucose oxidation that requires less oxygen consumption. Angina is caused due to decreased oxygen supply to the cells of the heart as a result of reduced blood flow. Trimetazidine thus triggers processes that increase cellular energy (potentiation of glucose oxidation), thereby acts by preserving the myocardial high-energy and makes oxygen available for the cells of the heart. THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS This drug is recommended in:
- Preventive treatment for episodes of angina pectoris (Chronic stable angina).
- Adjuvant symptomatic treatment for vertigo and tinnitus (noises detected by the ear whistling, buzzing, which do not correspond to any exterior sounds).
- Adjuvant treatment of visual disorders of a circulatory origin.
- Rare cases of gastrointestinal disorders (nausea, vomiting)
- if you notice any undesirable effects, which have not been mentioned here, you should inform your doctor or pharmacist.
- Trimetazidine may make you feel dizzy and drowsy which may affect your ability to drive or use machinery. Trimetazidine should be discontinued if there is no treatment response after a 3-month treatment benefit assessment. Inform your doctor before you start trimetazidine:
- If you are currently taking any other medicine
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to get pregnant
- Inform your doctor immediately if you experience trembling, rigid posture, slow movements and shuffling, unbalanced walk, especially in elderly patients.
- Caution should be exercised as falls may occur following a drop in blood pressure or loss of balance. Inform your doctor if you experience signs of an angina attack (sensation of pressure, squeezing, or pain in chest) while on trimetazidine.
- Patients with moderate kidney problems and patients above 75 years must exercise caution for increased risk to side effects while on trimetazidine.