What is Ciplactin 4Mg?
Ciplactin 4Mg Tablets contain Cyproheptadine, which is an antihistamine medication. Cyproheptadine works by inhibiting the activity of histamine, which causes allergic responses. It is useful in treating a variety of allergic responses, including runny nose, sneezing, itching, and watery eyes.
Ciplactin 4Mg is prescribed to relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies (hay fever) both in adults and children.
It is sold under various brands, a couple of which are Periactin and Ciplactin (made by Cipla). Cyproheptadine HCl medication may also be given to treat other conditions not mentioned above.
Ciprofloxacin tablets are also used to treat allergic skin conditions such as angioedema and urticaria.
Uses of Ciplactin 4mg?
Cyproheptadine is used to treat
- watery eyes
- runny nose
- other symptoms of allergies
How does Ciplactin 4mg work?
Ciplactin pills (Cyproheptadine) belong to the group of medicines called antihistamines and antiserotonergic. It works by blocking the action of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergic symptoms.
Precautions about Ciplactin 4Mg
- Do not take this medication (Periactin, Ciplactin) if you are allergic to Cyproheptadine HCl, or if you have narrow-angle glaucoma, a stomach ulcer or obstruction, an enlarged prostate or urination problems, if you have are having an asthma attack, or if you are elderly or have a debilitating disease.
- Before giving cold and allergy medication like Cyproheptadine HCl to children, always ask a doctor. Misuse of such medicines can be harmful and even fatal for children.
- This medication may make you dizzy or cause blurred vision. Therefore, do not do any activities such as driving or others that require a high degree of mental awareness until you are sure that you can do them safely.
- Avoid alcohol while taking this medicine as it can cause certain side effects due to Cyproheptadine HCl. Cyproheptadine HCl belongs to FDA pregnancy category B.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, ask your doctor if it is safe to use Cyproheptadine HCl. Do not take it without a doctor’s advice.
Before taking HCl, take care of all precautions listed above. Also let your doctor know if you have any of the following conditions: glaucoma, a history of asthma, high blood pressure, heart disease, an overactive thyroid.
This is for the doctor to make sure that this medicine is safe for you or not.
How to take Ciplactin 4Mg?
- You must take Cyproheptadine HCl (Periactin, Ciplactin for weight gain) medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Don’t change the dosage by any amounts smaller or larger or take it for longer than the prescribed period.
- Take the Cyproheptadine HCl tablet with a glass of water. Let your doctor know if your condition doesn’t improve or it starts deteriorating after taking Cyproheptadine HCl medication.
- Always store Cyproheptadine HCl in a cool and dry place away from heat, light moisture, children, and pets. Ensure that the medication bottle is tightly closed.
- As Cyproheptadine HCl is an allergy medication, you may take it as and when needed and not follow a dosing schedule. However, if you are on a regular dosing pattern and if you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember it.
- Don’t take the missed dose if the time for the next dose is up. Double dosing can cause some undesirable side effects.
- If you overdose on Cyproheptadine HCl or any medication, get urgent medical help or call the Doctor immediately.
- Some symptoms of overdose are extreme dizziness, confusion, hallucinations, very dry mouth, dilated pupils, pale skin, vomiting, or fainting.
What should I avoid while taking Cyproheptadine HCl?
Do not drink alcoholic beverages while taking HCl.
Cyproheptadine HCl Side Effects
Some common side effects of Cyproheptadine HCl are
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth/nose/throat
These are not the only side effects due to Ciplactin for weight gain. There may be others. Seek medical attention right away if you experience any serious side effects due to this medication.
Interaction with other medicines
Prior to taking Cyproheptadine HCl, let your doctor know if you frequently use other medications that induce sleep like
- Medicines for cold
- Narcotic pain killer
- Sleeping pills
- Medicines for depression
- Anxiety or seizure
- muscle soothers.
These medications may increase your sleepiness and drowsiness caused by Cyproheptadine HCl.The drugs mentioned above are not the only ones to interact with Ciplactin weight gain. There may be others.
Let your doctor know about any other medications which you may be using. Never start a new medication without a doctor’s advice.
Do not start or continue the cyproheptadine tablets:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cyproheptadine or any of the other ingredients of cyproheptadine tablet.
- If you are taking other medicines such as antihistamines or monoamine-oxidase inhibitors.
- If you are breastfeeding
Do not drive or operate machinery after taking cyproheptadine because your mental alertness may get disturbed. Avoid drinking alcohol as it can increase certain side effects of cyproheptadine. Do not take this medicine while you are breastfeeding, consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is Ciplactin used to gain weight/for headaches?
No, cyproheptadine is used for the treatment of allergies. The patient should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Is Ciplactin a narcotic/antihistamine/anticholinergic?
Cyproheptadine is an antihistaminic drug that may have anticholinergic effects. It is not a narcotic.
Q. Is Ciplactin over the counter?
No, it is available with a doctor’s prescription only.
Q. Is Ciplactin safe?
It is safe if used at the prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is Ciplactin safe during pregnancy?
No, it is not safe in pregnancy. The patient should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Can I take Ciplactin with Benadryl/Tylenol/ibuprofen?
Yes, but Benadryl contains some amount of antihistaminic drug which may alter the effects of cyproheptadine. Always consult your doctor for a change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
Q. Does Ciplactin 4Mg get you high/make you gain weight/increase appetite/make you hungry?
Cyproheptadine causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.
Q. Does Ciplactin affect birth control?
No, it does not affect birth control. Patients should follow the advice of a doctor before its use.
Q. Where to buy Ciplactin tablets online?
Buy Ciplactin 4mg tablets online from the best place called SGP to cure Appetite stimulants at the cheapest rate in the USA, UK, Australia, China, France, New Zealand with fast shipping and secure payment.
This pill is manufactured by Cipla Limited in India. Cisplatin 4mg is an alternative to Brand Periactin which contains Cyproheptadine as an active component. If you are looking about where to buy ciplactin pills online so, Safegenericpharmacy (SGP) would be the perfect place for you.