Asthalin Rotacaps (Salbutamol 200 Mcg)
Salbutamol is used to prevent reversible airways obstruction occurring during asthma, infections of airway passages (bronchitis), lung disorder in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked (emphysema), and other lung diseases.
What is Salbutamol Inhalers?
The Drug Salbutamol is nomally prescribed in order to heal the disorder bronchospasm associated with some conditions like the Asthma, indispositions based on pulmonary symptoms. There is a plenty of different brand names of Salbutamol while being marketed. It can be availed in the form of an elevated release tablet and route medication using some inhaling procedures which include rotahaler, autohaler, nebulizers, and more. The drug is applied with a view to treat the breathless state caused by bronchospasm. The patient can get rid of some troubles such as coughing, wheezing, incomplete breathing, and catching coldness. In order to find this medicine physician’s prescription must be exposed.
Comprehensive Facts of the Drug:
How does it work?
This drug is interacting with the β-2 receptors positioned in lung. The prime action of Salbutamol is to create the stimulation of the receptors. Consequently, the tract where the air passes through can relax so that the airway can
Conditions that restrict individuals not to take it:
Avoid taking it if you are under any of the following circumstances:
- You have allergy against the prime ingredient of Salbutamol or any other element of the preparation.
- You are not 4 years or above of age. Consultation is required to ensure the matter of safety and efficiency.
- You are either Pregnant or going to be pregnant soon.
- You need to breast feed while drug elements may be mingled with the breast milk.
- Your level of blood pressure is inconsiderably high.
- You caught epilepsy once in your life.
- The diabetic history has been found in you
- There are some problems with your heart rhythm (called Arrhythmia).
The medicine is found as Inhalers on the website in the strength mentioned below:
Asthalin HFA Inhalers 100 mcg
A well renowned pharmaceutical company, Cipla is the sole manufacturer of Asthalin. The drug is found with different sizes of 30, 60, 90 NOS in this website.
How to Use It?
Inhalers should not be swallowed; it should be taken by inhalable machines instead. You should use the Rota haler in order to take it. You should rinse your mouth once you use it so that you can avoid getting the irritation in your oral area and throat as well. Hold it horizontally after opening Rotahaler capsule; keep the white stained end up and the end of light color in reverse direction. You need to gently breathe out closing your lips around the edge directed to the mouth. Take a breath through your mouth and hold up for minimum 10 seconds instead of using your nasal area. Then take breath normally throwing the blank shell of capsule away. Before you start using it please you require reading the information and instructions written on the handbill. Make sure you talk to your physician or an expert pharmacist to take the drug in a proper way in accordance with how the physician prescribed. If you find no improvement or symptoms still persist, talk soon to your physician. In accordance with the demand of the patient and the severity of the sickness the prescription for the dose intake can vary. Physician’s instructions should be followed strictly.
Adults are recommended to have dosage of 200-400 mcg of Salbutamol, the patient has to inhale 3-4 times a day.
Children under 12 years of age are recommended for dosage of 200 mcg inhaling 2-4 times a day.
Time and continuity:
You need to receive the medicine according to the prescription given by the physician. Do try taking the dose in a same period each day. It will minimize the chance of forgetting about the dose. If you even feel well do not discontinue taking the drug on a regular basis. Don’t stop taking the drug without taking physician’s consent.
In Case of Overdose:
If you got overdose mistakenly or accidentally, speak to your physician or take information about poisoning from the relevant center. Contact your physician at any emergency medical condition for clinical support.
In Case of Missing the Dose:
If you miss any dose mistakenly, restart taking it as early as you become aware of that. In case of being too late you need not to worry. Stop retaking the dose and avoid doubling up the dose for your missed dose.
Like almost every medicine Salbutamol has some side effects. Those are:
- Get your mouth dried and your throat becomes infuriated.
- Face becomes rounded
- Irritated tongue
- Density of bone may decrease
- Average growth of children may be interrupted
- Aboriginal type of taste
Speak to your physician about other medications you take. Don’t forget to tell about the prescription, herbs, vita, commonplace drugs, drugs used for first aiding, etc. Your physician will allow you to use medicine from a manipulated list and will omit drugs if it is necessary. You need to follow that as long as you take this drug according to the prescription. Interactive drugs with Salbutamol are:
Phenelzine, Clomipramine, Diuretics, Amitriptyline, Maprotiline, Beta blockers, Amoxapine, Protriptyline, Mianserin, Imipramine, etc.
Things to be done with care:
- See the expiration date of drugs and don’t use drugs that expired
- Patient should be informed about the ins and outs of Inhalers in order to get the maximum value
- Children must be helped precisely.
- Don’t drive vehicle while receiving this drug as you might become dizzy.
- Try to note all medicine which you are using along with Inhalers.
- It’s a long term drug for treating Asthma; it is not given to stop onset or acute attack of Asthma
- Use salbutamol inhalation exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Always keep the inhaler upright during the loading of the dose and administration steps.
- If you can feel a slightly sweet tasting powder in your mouth after inhaling, you have received the dose and the active substance has reached your lungs.
- During use, regularly wipe the mouthpiece with a fibre-free tissue or soft cloth.
- Always replace the inhaler cap after you have used the inhaler.
- Always tell your doctor if you suffer from an over active thyroid gland.
- Take special precaution if you experience chest pains.
- Take special care with salbutamol if you suffer from any disease of the heart.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Does salbutamol need prescription?
Yes. Salbutamol is available only by prescription.
Q. Is salbutamol/ Asthalin safe during pregnancy?
Salbutamol is only recommended for use during pregnancy when there are no alternatives and benefit outweighs risk. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.
Q. Is salbutamol safe/ safe for babies?
Salbutamol is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Does salbutamol cause drowsiness/ increased heart rate/ increase blood pressure/ weight gain?
Salbutamol may cause light headedness, increased heart rate or increased blood pressure; however it is not known to cause drowsiness or weight gain. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.