Buy Albalon Eye drop 5ml Online
Ketotifen is used to treat allergic rhinitis (running nose), allergic conjunctivitis (irritation and redness in the membrane covering the eye), red itchy eyes due to allergies like hay fever (allergic inflammation of mucous membranes of the eyes and nose causing running nose and watery eyes) and to minimize the frequency and severity of asthma attacks.
How Albalon Eye drop works
Ketotifen is an anti-allergic drug that belongs to a class of medication called mast cell stabilizers. It works by inhibiting the release of allergy-causing chemicals called histamines in the body by mast cells.
Common side effects of Albalon Eye drop
irritability, nervousness., Eye irritation, punctate keratitis; excitation, eye pain.
Expert advice for Albalon Eye drop
- Remove soft lenses from your eyes before instilling ketotifen eye drop and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting lenses.
- Keep a gap of at least 5 min before applying some other medicinal product.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as Ketotifen may cause blurred vision or drowsiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while on ketotifen treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking medicines for depression or allergy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is ketotifen safe in pregnancy?
Ketotifen should only be used during pregnancy if the potential benefits justify the potential risks to the baby. Please follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Is it safe to use ketotifen during breastfeeding?
Ketotifen eye drops can be used during breastfeeding, ketotifen tablets and syrup should be given only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the infant. Please follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Is ketotifen available over the counter? Is ketotifen legal?
Ketotifen eye drops are available over the counter. Ketotifen tablets and syrups are available only with a doctor’s prescription. Ketotifen is legal and available worldwide in many countries.
Q. Is ketotifen addictive? Is ketotifen safe?
Ketotifen is not addictive. Ketotifen is safe if taken as prescribed. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor.
Q. Does ketotifen cause weight gain, make you sleepy, or drowsy?
Ketotifen can cause weight gain, can make you sleepy and drowsy.
Q. How long does ketotifen take to work? How long does ketotifen last?
Generally ketotifen eye drop takes 15 min to work and lasts up to 5-8 hours. Ketotifen oral (tablet or syrup) takes about 2-4 hours to work and lasts up to 22 hours.