Dizziness is not a disease that can cause many diseases. It is feelings of woozy, lightheadedness, and unbalance. The sensory organs are affected by this problem; specifically, our ears and eyes are affected that can cause fainting sometimes. It is known as imbalance disease. There may be slight dizziness or a feeling of almost unconsciousness. Although it may be the underlying cause of various diseases, it is not so serious. If you feel dizzy for a long time without any reason, you should call your doctor immediately.
What is Dizziness?
Dizziness does not always indicate a life-threatening condition, but it can cause you to become restless. Not always that it may be too simple, may be associated with more serious physical conditions, such as stroke or cardiovascular problems. If dizziness causes you to fall, it can be even more dangerous.
You may feel dizzy while standing and lying down:
How common is dizziness?
Dizziness is a very common problem. As age increases, the severity of these symptoms also increases.
What causes dizziness?
There are a number of health conditions that cause an imbalance in several parts of the body may involve with it.
- Inner ear.
The most common causes of this problem are benign paroxysmal positional vertigo or BPPV, ear infections, and Meniere’s syndrome
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
the Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) may make you dizzy if the body or head is changing the position. But it is a short-term problem, can stay only a few seconds or minutes. If the calcium crystals in your inner ear become misplace or out of place, this harmless condition may happen.
PPV can be from a head injury or getting older. The treatment for this problem is easy. The healthcare providers provide you some simple moves known as canalith repositioning procedure (CRP). Through this the crystals back to the proper place.
Meniere’s syndrome involves the accumulation of too much fluid inside the ear. Although experts are not sure which one it is.
- Muffled or distorted hearing
- Ringing in the ear.
- Hearing loss
Anti-nausea and anti-vertigo medications are the best drugs for Meniere’s attacks. Apart from this, change in life cycle may decrease the symptoms:
- Taking the low-salt diet every day
- Limiting alcohol and caffeine consumption
- Changing in treatment in medications.
- Quitting smoking.
Viral or bacterial infection may cause inflammation in the ear that may interfere with sending messages from ear to brain.
Each of these branches can communicate with our brains:
- The vestibular nerve is mainly responsible for sending signals to the brain by which you can maintain balance. If the vestibular nerve become inflame, it cause the vestibular neuritis.
- The cochlear nerve is the main one responsible for sending the signals for hearing. If this nerve will be gotten inflamed, labyrinthitis may develop which cause the ears and hearing loss
The medications for relieving the symptoms of nausea and dizziness treatments for the Ear infection are used in Ear infection treatments. Or different antibiotics, antiviral drugs or steroids may also use in this treatment.
Symptoms of dizziness
People with dizziness may feel various types of sensations, including:
- Feeling a false sense of spinning
- feeling of floating
- loss of balance
What can you do about dizziness?
- It prevents the risks of losing the balance that may cause them serious injury.
- You need to use the Cane or walker for getting if required.
- Try to utilize the handrails while walking or down the stairs
- Do some required activities to improve your balance like Tai Chi, yoga, etc.
- Don’t move or switch the position.
- When you feel dizzy, you need to avoid driving any car or operating any type of heavy machinery.
- Don’t take alcohol, excessive caffeine tobacco, etc, as taking these products may cause dizziness or any other worsen problems.
- Try to drink a minimum of eight glasses of water a day, get more than seven hours of sleep and also avoid depression, stress, or anxiety.
- Try to take a healthful diet every day that consists huge amount of vegetables, fruits, and other lean proteins.
Always discuss with your physician if the dizziness is frequent to you.
Treatments for dizziness
The treatment of dizziness mainly focuses on the underlying cause. So, home remedies and medicine can control the problem perfectly.
- The problem is inner-ear can be managed by the drugs. The in-home workout can control the balance of the body perfectly.
- BPV another underlying cause of the problem can be treated with maneuvers that help to remove the symptoms. In this case, surgery is the main option by which BPV can be controlled.
- Meniere’s disease another cause of dizziness can treat with a low-salt diet, injection, or surgery in-ear.
- Migraines can be treated with life changes and medications.
- Proper drugs, anxiety, and depression-reducing techniques can prevent dizziness.
- Taking plenty of fluids helps you to remove the dizziness if it is caused by the excessive workout. Dehydration etc.